Beginner with 11mths old

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Skriv svar
Jami's mum

Beginner with 11mths old

Inlägg av Jami's mum »

Hi!
I was just lately introduced to your Barn book (For the love of child?).

Current situation:
My son is 11mths and just learned to crawl (about week from now). He's sleeping has been problematic since few weeks old. Napping only short periods of time and waking more or less at the night and now the mornings start way early.

He is still sleeping next to me (we actually have 4 matresses on the floor for safety reasons), because it was the easiest with night feeds. But now he is feeding only once. 8mth we tried to have him sleep in his own bed, but due to setbacks (getting sick and sewere separation issues) I just let it go.

Daytime he is naping at out side in the wagon, on his back. Needs to be walked int o sleep. I have tried to stop walking when he is almost at sleep but that is success seldom. He is varies 1 to 2 napps. Total sleep time is 12-14hrs. He is also teething alot (seems that he has beeb doing it almost 2mths in a row) and that makes him sleep less and more restless .

Q: How I will teach him to go to sleep and sleep in to his own bed (with high sides)? How to modify the advices in the barn book for 11mths/ 1yr old?
Jami born 18 March 2009
Luvisen

Inlägg av Luvisen »

Hello Jami's mum! :P

Fun with english-speaking people! I think the best thing is for you to order the little bok: A Good Night's Sleep. You can order it directly from this homepage. There you have the WHOLE concept. Then it is easier to have a dialogue here on the forum.
I could tell you how but I don't think you would understand much without reading that little materpiece first :wink:

And it will work for you with or without separations issues :wink:

With warmth//Luvisen
Bebispojken född 22 april 2009
Maratonkurning 26 dec 2009 - 12 feb 2010
Petite Soeur född 8 mars 2012
SM rookie
Jami's mum

Inlägg av Jami's mum »

So it isn't helpful that I have read For the love of the children?
Jami born 18 March 2009
Luvisen

Inlägg av Luvisen »

Oh yes! Absolutely, very helpfull! And as you progress with better sleep there is a lot more good stuff u can implement for the babys enjoyment!

When u want to cure your child at this later stage the smaller bok is more detailed. Implementation is easierthat way.

But if u like we can give it a go. I can try and talk u through it but I need to know some things first.

Do you have a schedule?
Do you understand what tools you have to work with? Buff, Jingle and so on?

Kind regards, Luvisen. :heart:
SM rookie
Jami's mum

Inlägg av Jami's mum »

Talkthrough would be great! I'm planning to start to put him in to his own bed at 12mths, when this "exploratory phase" isn't so strong (I think its due to just learned crawling) but I want to be prepared. :)

The cure makes sense to me and I wish I had the book when Jami was new born. I just feel that the explanation in the book is for babies and when I start to teach him to stay inhis own bed I dont want to go the trial and error way (and harden the proses for both of us) and just get it right from the beginning.

I have the Finnish copy of the book so terms in English aren't totally familiar but jingle= the good night talk/sentence you repeat and buff=pushing from the bottom, right?

I have use the pushing when getting him settled to sleep (stopping when he stops squirming), some times it helps him to get settled some times he just gets more aggitated.

Our schedule now usually:

06-07 wakes up, I try to keep that we get up at 07 even if Jami wakes upa erlier
07 porridge
0830-1030 (or 09-11) nap out side in the wagon (some times needs help to keep sleeping after 45min and/or 1h30min)
1030 breast milk (some times dosn't take)
11 lunch (solids)
13 snack (solids fruit, bread..)
14-15.30 nap outside
1530 breast milk (some times doesn''t take)
1600 dinner
1830 porridge
19 in to the bed room, breast milk (some times doesn't take)
1930-2000 begins to sleep sleeping, some times quicker

When he refuses to sleep the first nap schedule looks like this

06-07 wakes up+ breast milk I try to keep that we get up at 07 even if Jami wakes up erlier
07 porridge
1030 lunch
11-13.30 nap out side
13.30 breast milk
14 snack (solids fruit, bread..)
1600 dinner
1830 porridge
19 in to the bed room, breast milk (some times doesn't take)
1930-2000 begins to sleep sleeping, some times quicker

Do you need to know something else?
Jami born 18 March 2009
Luvisen

Inlägg av Luvisen »

Ok. Let's see.

1) Baby is ALWAYS ready. Exploratory phase or not.
2) You say " I dont want to go the trial and error way (and harden the proses for both of us) and just get it right from the beginning"- Perfect thinking! :P In order to get it right you have to believe in the most fundemental basics. Babies need no matter what age a supersimple rutin so they can understand it quickly and then turn their attention to the growing process ONLY. Do u follow my reasoning?
3) Schedule needs adjustment. Let's start with that.

11 months- Needs 14 hrs and 15 min sleep:
Usually most children like to sleep for 12 hrs a night. That way they are really ready for a new day :P
My suggestion:

7 Wake up and have breakfast- porridge+ breast.
8.30-9.15 Nap (45 min)
10.30 fruit/bread + breast
13.30 Lunch
14-15.30 Nap (1,5 hrs)
16.30 Dinner, or if you like dinner at 17
18.40 Porridge+Breast
19.00 Sleep for the night.

Think about this schedule and get back to me.

May I ask, do you wish to continue breastfeeding or would you like to stop?

Kind regards, Luvisen
SM rookie
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi Jami's mum and welcome! :lol:

You are getting excellent help from Luvisen, I just want to give you some hints to read on the "english webb". There you have a "cheat sheet" to take a look at.

http://www.annawahlgren.com/index.php/v ... a-wahlgren

Good luck with getting your child to sleep. 8) :D
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"