You can answer in Swedish

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Skriv svar
KatrineMA

You can answer in Swedish

Inlägg av KatrineMA »

Hi again

When I posted my question yesterday, I forgot to say that it is perfectly fine if you answer in Swedish (I will just get someone to help me read it).
Also, I can add that my little angel slept through the night (11 hours). There was a little whine twice during the night, but nothing that needed my interference. At 7 am I woke up a sleeping girl! What a wonder!
Katrine.
annawahlgren
Upphovskvinna SHN-kuren 1942-2022

Inlägg av annawahlgren »

:D Congratulations, dear Katrine :wink: :lol: Kiss the little angel from me :heart:

We have now arranged for this special forum department in English, and you are most welcome as its first visitor :wink: :heart:

As for your question(s), it must be said that it is in no way acceptable that she screams / cries for 45 minutes + 15. She shouldn't be screaming at all. She is allowed to ask questions, yes, and of course you must let her ask before you can give her the securily convincing answers, but reassuring her should never take more than two minutes at the most.

GNS gives you the techniques. Go practice them! Picking her up in a silent moment is not the crucial thing here. Keeping her happy and SECURE is. Please read again the chapters Peace and Security!

If you insist on having her lie on her back for naps, you still need to find out a rythmic way of calming her if and when need be. Fanning is static and won't do on back, an certainly not as long as she can see you. The simplest way of course is to go for a walk, baby in carriage, a pitch black cut sheet or the likes over it all, making the world restfully dark to her.

O:) :heart: :sleep:
:D Nio barn, arton barnbarn, tre barnbarnsbarn och några tusen nästanbarn :!:
Anna Wahlgren 6 Oktober 1942 - 7 Oktober 2022
KatrineMA

Inlägg av KatrineMA »

Thank you so much for your quick answer. And brilliant with this English forum, thanks.

I am now studying the chapters you recommended, once again very carefully.

Today I took her in the carriage for one of her daytime naps. She fell asleep very fast (she always does when I am walking). At some point I stopped, and after a while she woke up. At first she was lying for a bit, saying nothing, then she started crying. I did the rocking technique, and she stopped crying in no time. I gave her the jingle, and then she started again, angrily. This only lasted for a short time (less then 15 seconds), then she fell silent and I gave her the confirmation. This resulted in her starting again, and again only for a short time. She got a reminder, reacted, then went silent, got the confirmation, reacted again. And this went on and on with every confirmation I gave her (occasionally I would quickly rock her, and she would go silent immediately...until the jingle). This is a problem I have often encountered. So my question is; do I give her a reminder the minute she starts again after the confirmation? Or do I give her some time to see what happens (which means that I probably wont have the time for a reminder because she calms down again quickly), and give her yet another confirmation when she falls silent? No matter what I do, it seems to end up with an awful lot of jingling, and her staying awake. Today she never managed to go back to sleep, and when the nap time was over, I started to head home, and she would close her eyes the minute I started walking.

Regarding the issue of lying on the back, I was thinking if I could put her on her side instead? This is a position she has started choosing on her own lately, and this way it would be easier to do the buffing technique on her, and she could have her face turned away from me.

- Katrine.
annawahlgren

Inlägg av annawahlgren »

:D No need for jingling when you are out walking! Even less for confirmation, which belongs to the first two-three nights of the cure, no more. Your little darling is sleeping through the night. Be happy for that and don't make things complicated that are not! Time and patience, along with simplicity and JOY, will do the trick.

:heart:
KatrineMA

Inlägg av KatrineMA »

Ok. I have misunderstood the confirmation jingle then. Thank you for clearing that up. Now it makes so much more sense.
annawahlgren

Inlägg av annawahlgren »

:thumbsup:
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"