When starting the cure?

A parents' forum based on FTLoC (For The Love of Children)
poca

Re: When starting the cure?

Inlägg av poca »

Hello again!

Some more tips needed :)

She is not resisting to the pushing itself but she is waking up pretty fast after during the days nap mainly : she start to complain just a few minutes after the pushing (like 2 after 2 minutes or so)
How should I react regarding this?
So far I just did it again and again (just like 2 minutes until she calms downs with a repositioning of the head before, no talking no eye contact l, slow down and leave), but it went like that for a while...
Should I continue like so?
Maybe I could give a try to the "buffing" when she resists a little for too long?

PS: last night was kind of great! :D
From 19:00 to 01:00 (night meal about 25 minutes) =D> :lol: and then back to sleep really fast until 05:00. :D
However, between 05:00 and 07:00 she was not sleeping good (same as for days nap). :?
Any tips for that too maybe?
:heart: Big Brother 2013-09 (GNS 2015)
:heart: Little Sister 2016-08 started standard model on 2016-10-06 (7 weeks old), did her first 10 hours night on 2016-10-29 (10 weeks old) after 4 weeks of training \:D/ work in progress :thumbsup:
mamaA
Rådgivare/advisor

Inlägg av mamaA »

It is more common to wake up al lot sleeping on your back so I don´t know if that is a factor hear. Have you ever tried to have her sleeping on the side? You are nor supposed to push the pram so often as every two minutes, then you are doing it to much and it won´t work, hence you have to do it all the time :idea: . You need at least twice as long as the last pushing session in between, preferably more if possible. The sessions are supposed to be short, think in intervalls of 4. You should do about 4x4, absolutley no more than 4x8 the first round and then with twice the amount of time in between and shorter(or as long as before)sessions each time. Never longer than in the beginning. You can´t act on her every protest, she is not a newborn and has to be aloud to make some protest :wink: .

And no you should NOT mix buffing and pushing in the same session. And like I said before, no repostioning of the head during pushing, that´s just for hysterical babies.

Is your bedroom dark enough in the morning? It should be so dark you can´t se your own hand :!: . Even the tiniest light can make the baby believe it´s morning, the same is for the night feeding.
James 11-03-05
Finn 14-09-19
SM-barn så klart!
mamaA
Rådgivare/advisor

Inlägg av mamaA »

Did you give her another meal at 05?
James 11-03-05
Finn 14-09-19
SM-barn så klart!
poca

Inlägg av poca »

Oh, I didn't know about those session of pushing.
So for instance 4x4 means I do 4 pushing, wait twice the time of those 4 pushing, and do it again, wait &I so on 4 times? Is that correct?

No act on every protest, right :wink:
Act when she starts crying for good, not act at slight complains, is it what you mean?

Bedroom is not dark enough yet but we're working on it to fix it ASAP :wink:

Yes she got another night meal at 05:00 but didn't seems to be very hungry #-o
:heart: Little Sister 2016-08 started standard model on 2016-10-06 (7 weeks old), did her first 10 hours night on 2016-10-29 (10 weeks old) after 4 weeks of training \:D/ work in progress :thumbsup:
mamaA
Rådgivare/advisor

Inlägg av mamaA »

4x4 means 16 pushes but I always count to four in my head everytime, that is one session,16, no pause expept for like a second or two in between the four sets. Your goal is to have to do as few as possible but always in sessions of four, it gives a good rhytm. THEN you get out of the room as fast as possible EVEN if she protests and you don´t return until twice the amount of time the pushing required has expired. The pause should always be twice as long or longer than that. This is the rhytm you work in not just her complaints/getting argry. If it´s not time to go in yet even if she gets angry you wait until twice the last pushing time.
James 11-03-05
Finn 14-09-19
SM-barn så klart!
poca

Inlägg av poca »

Ok thanks! :D
poca

Inlägg av poca »

Hello again!

Some news from us :)
It's going quite good around here.
At night (19:00) it takes a while until she's in a good deep sleep but then it's quite ok!
She gets food between 2 & 3 o'clock in the morning and then at 7! :)
We have to help her to find her sleep several times at night though but it's so much better.
During day, we follow the schedule perfectly but she wakes up far before it's time so we have to help us falling asleep again.

So our schedule now look like 1,5-2-1,5-12
07:00 wake up (1,5 hour)
08:30 sleep (1,5 hour)
10:00 (2 hours)
12:00 sleep (2 hours)
14:00 (1,5 hour)
15:30 sleep (1,5 hour)
17:00 (2 hours)
19:00 sleep (12 hours with a night meal in between)

Do you think we could do instead 1,5-1,5-2-12?
So that would mean to swich the lunch 2 hours lunch nap with the 1,5 afternoon nap of 1,5 h as per below?
12:00 sleep (1,5 h)
13:30 (1,5 h)
15:00 sleep (2h)
17:00 (2 h)
19:00 night
Would that be an issue?
mamaA
Rådgivare/advisor

Inlägg av mamaA »

Great news!

You can have the longer nap last but I don´t really recommend it :-k . When you cut down on the afternoon nap and later the morning nap you want the middle nap to be two hours so it´s smart to have that nap in place allready.
James 11-03-05
Finn 14-09-19
SM-barn så klart!
poca

Inlägg av poca »

Oh you're so right... :oops:
I wanted to try to make the "awake time" fits better to my older son dagis schedule, but it sounds that it's not the best solution I totally agree with your point.

I am struggling quite a lot with the awake time: I have to stay home basically cause on one hand it's very often difficult to keep her awake the all time until sleep time, and on the other hand she fall asleep when she is out in the pram or in a baby carrier :( ...
So I am a bit stuck at the moment at home during awake time :roll: and I will start to struggle a lot in 2 days when I will start to pick up my son at 15:00 at dagis with my little baby as I will have to leave home at 14:45 during her wake-up time and she should stay awake until 15:30... (plus between 15:00 and 15:30 my older son will need extra attention as I will meet him after his day in dagis... so it's gonna be even harder I am afraid...) I have no idea how I am going to do this #-o #-o #-o :cry: :cry:
Some more practical tips here from you maybe? :?:
mamaA
Rådgivare/advisor

Inlägg av mamaA »

hm, can you put a pillow behind her in the pram so she gets a little higher up, not sitting though cause she´s not that old yet if I remember correctly. Try to have the "suflett(I don´t know the english word :lol: ) on the pram down so she gets light (and wind :wink: ) or keep it up with something interesting hanging above her, mabye someting with music in. When you get to dagis, pick her up and carry her with you in ofcourse and let her experience the wonders of all the children and sound. If she gets sleeping, lay her down on the floor, cold hard floors tend to wake babies up :lol: . Babies are usually vey interested in what their siblings are doing so mabye he will entertain her :wink: .
James 11-03-05
Finn 14-09-19
SM-barn så klart!
poca

Inlägg av poca »

Thanks for the tips!
She is 9 weeks by now!

I tried the floor tips already before, didn't work good: the only thing that is working ALL the time is to take off her clothes to fake a diaper change! [-o< That really ALWAYS work with her! :lol: :D ...
But that's only a good tool to use when I am home or in a "friendly" environment... that's definitely not gonna be possible when I will be outside especially during winter time! #-o

I'll try the pillow tips tomorrow for training :) (in combination with the "sufflet" one which I already tried before -unfortunately will not do the job either with the beautiful and rainy Göteborgs weather :shock: - :| )
For dagis, she will indeed explore the craziness of the children's corner :lol:

She will shortly be interested in what her brother is doing, but she's not there yet... Soon I hope! :D

PS #1: if you come to find more ideas, don't hesitate, it's gonna be complicated around here!
PS #2: thanks for all your support, I feel much better knowing there is people around here that support poor parents like me with lack of sleep and full of stress :wink:
poca

Inlägg av poca »

Hello!
I think we're getting there with the schedule! She sleeps better and better every day.
It's been 2 weeks now we are using this method and there is just no comparison! Now she gets some good sleep which was not the case before! The sleeping period during days are not perfect yet but it's coming!!! :))

We have to solve shortly this pacifier problem... she is really a baby that needs to suck a lot unfortunately so I wonder how we're gonna make this work. Last night she just woke up for food once again, but we have to give her back the pacifier a few times :/ I hate pacifier!!
When do you recommend to stop totally with pacifier for such young baby that need to suck a lot?

Also I was wondering when she should start sleeping in a bed?
We'll have to travel soon so we will not be able to use the barnvagn al the time :/
Anything in the book FTLOC that I should focus my reading?
mamaA
Rådgivare/advisor

Inlägg av mamaA »

Hi!
The pacifier drove me crazy #-o with my youngest, with my oldest it was ok. He(the youngest) woke up several times (not of hunger) and it wasn´t enough to give him the pacifier, he demanded buffing to :evil: . I got rid of it at about 3,5 months when I stopped the night feedings and it was a very good decision. It was not easy, every major changes takes about 3 days(and nights) but then the major work is done and in about a week or two they baby doesn´t remember the pacifier existed.Anna says at latest 4 moths and that is when the night feeding stops so if don´t want to do it yet it´s then but if she wakes up a lot it may be better sooner. Some children find their hands to suck on instead.

My oldest slept in his bed at night from day one, no problem at all, you just have to know how to buff. If the bed feels big you put some rolled up towels or blankets on the sides.
James 11-03-05
Finn 14-09-19
SM-barn så klart!
poca

Inlägg av poca »

Hello!

Some updates!
She did her first 10 hours night last Saturday night and did it again this night :D :D :D =D> =D> :D :D :D :D
I got lucky cause she decided that night not to use the pacifier but her hands/thumb instead : I should say instead she started to find her hand by herself and is not complaining not finding the pacifier!
So I don't need anymore to interfere to give her back the pacifier yeahhh (bloody pacifier!) :wink:

Now I hope it will last and that she'll make it to 07:00 in the morning soon :)
I still can't believe she did already twice a 10 hours straight!
I also can't believe that I'm actually writing this post :lol:
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Woho!!!

Congrats!! *doing the wave here*

So just a couple of things regarding thumbs...
Make sure to occupy her hands with other things to hold and explore than her thumb now. We only use it to sleep. :wink:
Also try to make her stop with it when she turns 4 years old. That is absolutely the very best time!

Now lets do the 12 hours nights!! :P :heart:
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding FTLoC (For The Love of Children)"