How do I pick her up from napwhen she is crying all the time

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Skriv svar
KatrineMA

How do I pick her up from napwhen she is crying all the time

Inlägg av KatrineMA »

I am sorry to be writing this in English, but I have absolutely no clue on how to write in Swedish.
I am now on my 8. night of the cure (my daughter is 7 month old). I must say that the nights are progressing really well (the day time naps, not that much!), but I keep running into the same problem. I know that I am not supposed to pick her up from her nap when she is crying, but when and how do I pick her up then, when she is crying all the time? For instance, during her first nap today she woke up after 45 minutes (it was supposed to last for one and a half hour). She then cried for the next 45 minutes + the 15 minute margin. I was jingling from outside the door, which completely ticked her off. I went in and repositioned her, and did the fanning thing (I am only using the fan, not buffing, since she is laying on her back). It took a long time before she came down, but as soon as she started breathing kind of normal again, I went out with a jingle, and then she started screaming again. As her nap time (+ the 15 minute margin) was coming to an end, I waited until there was a second of silence (even though I knew that she was not calm), and then I went in to pick her up. As soon as I entered, she started crying again. And this is a pattern repeating itself. Especially during the day time naps.
What do I do? Should I exceed the nap time and wait until she is calm? How can I end the nap in a good way, without her having a major break down crying her eyes out?
I will be really grateful if someone can give me a good advise, so this unpleasant pattern can be broken.
Katrine.
annawahlgren
Upphovskvinna SHN-kuren 1942-2022

Inlägg av annawahlgren »

:D I'm sure you'll find my answer below.

Best to all of you :heart:
:D Nio barn, arton barnbarn, tre barnbarnsbarn och några tusen nästanbarn :!:
Anna Wahlgren 6 Oktober 1942 - 7 Oktober 2022
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"